Sunday 17 August 2014

Self assessment using QR codes

I was fortunate to come across a post from Joanne Crooks on the way she has used QR codes for student self assessment.  
http://jcrooks.edublogs.org/2014/07/31/finally-qr-codes-task-cards/
My school has gone 1-1 iPad with year 7 this year, so I was extremely grateful to Joanne for sharing this resource.
I was able to provide my students an opportunity to assess their own understanding of equations and it also provided me a good insight into areas of concern for my students.
The cards are visually appealing and simple in nature, which worked well with the students.
I will definitely come up with some more of my own and I will share them and also look at using augmented reality as a tool to increase student engagement and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment