Sunday 30 March 2014

To Conference or not to Conference.

My school has a great technical support team. Lead by an amazing man who has an extraordinary ability to see the big picture. His vision, was that every classroom would have an apple t.v. Now, because I am "special", I am fortunate to be one of the first to have an apple t.v. in my room.


So as you can imagine, I was so excited about the opportunities that apple t.v offered. This post is about the trials and tribulations of apple t.v. in a classroom setting.
I have an iPad and a Macbook Pro (I haven't updated to Mavericks yet) available to me for teaching purposes. Now, when I connected to the apple t.v. via airplay with my iPad, I could happily go along with my lesson. However, when I connected with my laptop, that's when the issues started. In a 50 minute lesson, the connection would drop out 6 or 7 times. I checked the settings on the apple t.v. and the sleep and screen saver options were not causing the issue. After the assistance of google and some forums I tried turning off conference room display in the airplay settings. This fixed the issue. I'm hoping that this post will help someone else if they are encountering the same issues, I'm loving having and being able to use apple t.v. in my room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment